Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time Draweth Nigh

So, here we are, a new president elected, Valentine's Day past, and a mere week and a half until me, my wife and big boy travel to Alabama to do an outdoor arts festival and my pots are drying and waiting to be bisqued. Looks like another mad dash glaze-o-rama kind of time. With all my best intentions piled high, I still can't seem to be ready enough to glaze pots in a leisurely and civilized fashion.
Other new events on this end: completely destroyed and renovated apartment, Facebook page, Nolan is saying "ma-maw and pa-paw" (my parents) nearly 65 times a day (which is music to our ears...but 65 times?!?), my sister-in-law Amy visited this past weekend, classes come and gone: Cone 6 Soda Firing and Cups, now up: Cone 6 Soda Firing, Pouring Sets, and Focus on Vases, which all promise to be pretty fun. What else...Spring! well maybe prematurely, but yesterday was a balmy 77 degrees and today's forecast says 82, very nice. I'll try and get some photos up soon of some new work and possibly pics from the past soda class. Wish me luck with all this glazing and burn some incense so the glazes don't freak out on me in this frantic hour.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with all that. Oh yes....waiting to glaze stuff in a hurry..story of my life as well.
    Can't wait to see some photo's. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a deadline for motivation.

    ReplyDelete