Thursday, October 1, 2009

slide right into october




So, with the Mint Sale behind me and 3 Guys* a warm fuzzy feeling, I'm gearing up for a trip to Charlotte, NC, this weekend for a sale with the Circle of Eight.  The Circle is a group of potters in the Charlotte area who teach and have studios in the vicinity of the Queen City and they do a sale twice a year with an invited artist.  I'm excited to be this year's Fall Invited Artist, and I join the alumni of Suze Lindsay, Kent McLaughlin, Kelly O'Briant, Blaine Avery, Laura Avery, and Brad Tucker...did i leave anybody out?  

I had 2 good sales with the Mint and 3 Guys* which wiped me out of my bread and butters:  cups, mugs, bowls, and bud vases.  So, amidst glazing for 3 Guys*, I managed to throw, trim, slip and sig some cups, mugs, bowls, and plates, but alas the bud vases did make it into the mix, too much process.  But, I am very excited about some new square plates with buggy decorations, which I will offer at the Circle Sale this Saturday, 10-4pm.  That is if I get them glazed and fired tonight...

Wish me luck and hope to see you in Charlotte for this great sale with some great potters.




No comments:

Post a Comment