Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Postcards Are In


Postcards are in for my 2nd Annual Happy Sprummer Sale, and they look great! That is a relief after the bumpy ride of an order from www.overnightprints.com, cancelled order, multiple phone calls, petty retribution...but still they have good prices and a good product 90% of the time. I'm posting the postcard now and will have it up again later. My guest artist is Noah Riedel, whose work I'm very excited about, especially for the show since it is such a counterpoint to my work. My theme for the sale is Quiet/Loud, which I think sums up the two bodies of work. More info and images on the way, but sure to save the date: Friday, June 11, 6-9pm and Saturday, June 12, 10-4pm.

Last weekend, Kara, da boys, Neaka and I travelled up to the western NC mountains for a Mother's Day visit with my mom and also to attend the opening reception for my show with Gillian Parke, "Contextures", at Crimson Laurel Gallery in Bakersville, NC. The show looks great, and those guys really know how to put on a shin-dig! If you are in that area, definitely stop by and check out the gallery, the show, and Bakersville in general. You can also check out the show online at www.crimsonlaurelgallery.com. I took a lot of new work with me to the opening, so if you see something you like that is on the website but is sold, ask those guys if they have something like it waiting in the wings. Oh, and Gillian has some awesome new tenmoku/decal work that blew me away! Just like that old P.S.A. for libraries: "(Books) Check 'em out!"

1 comment:

  1. i' ve been using gotprint.com. i used to use overnight. i found the color better with gotprint. price are CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete