Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Guys* This Weekend



Late getting this out, and believe me, I've been trying to fit it in, but wanted to let y'all know about the 3 Guys* and Some Pottery Sale coming up this Friday-Sunday, September 24-26. Myself, Doug Dotson, and Kelly O'Briant will have a healthy assortment of handmade, functional potteries at the 8th Annual 3 Guys* and Some Pottery Sale, at Doug Dotson Pottery near Pittsboro, NC. The sale starts Friday, Sept. 24, with an Opening Party, 6-9pm. This is always a fun event, with refreshments and lots of conversation and visiting amidst pottery buying. The sale will continue Saturday, Sept 25, from 10-4pm and Sunday, Sept 26 from 12-4pm. I hope y'all can make it by and bring a friend if you are planning on coming. You can go to www.dougdotsonpottery.com for directions and more details or check out the 3 Guys* and Some Pottery page on Facebook if you are so inclined.

I am planning on having three new kiln loads of work with what little I had left over from the PMI Sale at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC. I have some new square and triangle bowls that I'm digging, as well as some of the Cut Bowls all today's kids are crazy about. I'm super excited to see what Mr. Dotson and Ms. O'Briant have come up with as well; they always have some stellar pots, in my extremely biased opinion.

I included both our proofs for the postcard announcement, both which turned out super thanks to Ann Parent and her graphic design skills. Hope to see y'all there...now back to glazing!




...And one more plug, I'm teaching a workshop on enlivening ceramic surfaces for firing in electric kilns at Central Carolina Community College Clay Studio in Siler City, NC, October 9-10, 9-5pm. You can go to http://ccccsculppottery.blogspot.com/ for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment