Monday, November 29, 2010

5th Annual Holiday Sale





Really late getting this out, but this weekend, Dec. 3-5, I'll be having my 5th Annual Open Studio and Holiday Sale. I'm working on 2 new glaze loads to have ready for the weekend, with a few orders thrown in as well. I should have plenty of dinner plates, cups, bowls and pitchers on hand, as well as a new mug form and some new small cups. The sale starts Friday, Dec. 3, 6-9pm and continues Saturday, Dec. 4, 10-4pm and Sunday, Dec. 5, 12-4pm. There are directions to my studio along the right sidebar, or for you Tom-tom peeps, the address is #4 The Glen, CH, NC 27514 (not 27516 like on the postcard, yikes! who proofs these postcards?) and my phone number is (919) 225-6160 if you need info or directions.

I'm starting to get wind of ALL the events going on this weekend: Chatham County Studio Tour, Avery Pottery and Tile Works Sale, Bulldog Pottery Sale, and the TRAC Studio tour in the mountains of western NC (which if you go to, make sure to stop by the Energy Xchange and check out my friend Teresa Pietsch's new cone 6 reduction fired stoneware and porcelain, good stuff; and also Joy Tanner and Will Baker will have some great wood/soda fired functional stoneware). But, if you are staying in the Triangle, come by, bring a friend, and see my new gathering of earthenware vessels.

Also, I want to start spreading the word about some workshops I'll be leading in 2011. The first one coming up is part of the Pocosin Arts Center Cabin Fever Reliever (#11!) near the North Carolina coast. We will look at various surface enhancements and work on developing some unique and more personalized surface treatments for functional and sculptural ceramics. There is a link tied to the postcard image below, and if you know of anyone you think might be interested, please spread the word! It will be an awesome, intensive experience, or at least that is what I'm planning on. Check out the link, there are also a great offering of artists that I am very honored to be teaching with, including Lisa Clague and Bob Ebendorf. More on this later.



No comments:

Post a Comment