Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Piedmont Coming

So, its a good idea to take a mini-vacation right in middle of crunch time, right? Quick trip to the beach to celebrate my wife's birthday and then back on the road to get back to my studio for some bisque firing...I'm headed to Winston-Salem, NC on Friday to show in the Piedmont Craftsmen Fall Fair and I'm planning on bisque firing the Sunday before. Sheesh, someone really needs to fire the Calendar guy at Nine Toes Pottery, wet work was supposed to end 2 weeks ago, with a leisurely, unstressed, nicely paced glazing, ahh, one can dream. Come on by Saturday 10-6 or Sunday 12-5pm and stop by my booth, H-6.

After PCI, and celebrating Thanksgiving, I'm opening up my studio for the 5th Annual Nine Toes Pottery Holiday Sale, December 3, 4, 5. The past few years, I've started the sale with a Friday night Opening Party, which has been quite a bit of fun (that's a lot coming from an introvert) and I have made a good chunk of my sales on the first night. We will see how this year goes, so far so good. I'll have some refreshements and plenty of pots on hand, including some new plates, small cups, and a new mug form I'm deeming my "Treesa" mug, after my friend Teresa, who I may or may not have borrowed the form from for a short while. One super good thing about the sale is that it gives me, or rather forces me, to get the studio cleaned and spiffed up, because I am one for piles and pathways through piles...has there been a potter's episode on "Hoarders"? So come on out, Friday, December 3, 6-9pm, Saturday, December 4, 10-4pm, and/or Sunday, December 5, 12-4pm and take care of those pottery lover's on your gift lists, or be nice to yourself, you deserve it. Here are some pics of some newer pots. I'm really digging the yellow jacket motif, and the lines on this platter excite me.





...and I wanted to include a shout-out to The Artisan Gallery in Northampton, MA, who always put on a good show and have a beautiful location in downtown Northampton. They were kind enough to invite me to this years "Consider the Cup" exhibit, and I was brazen enough to send them the cups late(r than the deadline, but they did get there a week before the opening, thank you). Looks like a great offering of cups by potters from all over.




No comments:

Post a Comment