Saturday, April 2, 2011

Belated Vases

March definitely came and went, lion and lioness, lamb and ram, and now April blows in with some 80 degree weather in Chapel Hill. I just got back from a workshop in Fairhope, Alabama, on cone 6 soda firing, with a side focus on interesting surfaces in cone 6 electric. The workshop was great and I met some awesome folks, we had a great firing in Susie Bowman's soda kiln, but really the students mostly wanted cone 6 electric fun. So, I'm pretty sure, from now on, my workshops will focus on interesting surfaces from electric kilns, both at cone 03 and cone 6 (with some side ventures into soda firing!)

I wanted to get the word out about a couple of vase shows I have work in. "Sharing the Stage: Contemporary Vases" at the Artisan Gallery in Northampton, MA has an impressive line-up of potters/ceramic artists). Check out the poster below, and especially chech out Missy McCormick's awesome earthenware atmospheric vase in the lower right corner; she is one of my current favorites!

Also, I have some bud vases and a new "Caterpillar Vase" in "Vases of Spring" at the Worcester Center for Crafts in Worcester, MA (is that "Wooster"?) which I am very excited about. If you are up in the northeast, check it out!







Upcoming:

last week of April, "Scratching the Surface", ceramic surfaces workshop at the Jacksonville Center in Floyd, VA

May 13, 14, 15 Nine Toes Pottery early Sprummer/pre-Penland Open Studio and Sale, details forming, shaping up and forthcoming

May 6 Meet the artist, Greenhill Center Gallery Shop, Greensboro, NC

May 29-June 10 "Terra Cotta Throwdown" workshop at Penland School of Crafts

1 comment:

  1. I love the vases! They are so cute; they look like they are wearing foot-y pajamas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete