Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cone 6...Wood!

Thanks to everyone who made it to last weekend's sale. It went great and lots of nice pots found nice homes. Now time for some
R & R...after this weekend's cone 6 wood firing at the Energy Exchange in Mitchell (or is it Yancey?) County, near Penland, NC.
My friend Teresa Pietsch, who is a resident there, organized a cone 6 wood firing in the Pallet Eater Heater wood kiln and I will have quite a bit of work in this experimental firing, for us that is. Another new thing for me, is that we will be get directional effects, which I haven't really done a whole lot of. So, super excited and I'll try to post some pics soon, that is if things turn out!

Happy Holidays everyone! See you on the flip side.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see some pics and know how this came out since I've only fired wood to cone 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pics! And guess what? I get to be the studio assistant for Kathy King's eight week clay concentration at Penland in the spring! Hope I get a chance to see you while I am out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pots, and what happened to the tenth toe?

    ReplyDelete