Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Altered States

So, despite resolutions and better promises, still lagging behind on the ole' blogging.  Still, wanted to get the word out about a few upcoming workshops.

I'll be in Fairhope, Alabama, February 2-3, for a 2 day workshop titled "Altered States" at the Kiln Studio and Gallery.  We will focus on thrown and altered forms, with some time spent on embellishing and decorating pots out of round.  This will be my third workshop at the Kiln, and all have been a whole lotta fun with lots of laughing and information to be had.  Check out

 http://www.thekilnstudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=70_73&product_id=108 

for more details and such.  I will also have a solo show up which opens February 1st.  I'll be at the
opening, ready to start the workshop the next morning.

I also have a workshop coming up February 16-17 at Pullen Arts Center in Raleigh, NC.  This workshop
will be a perinnial favorite, " Scratching the Surface".  We will be focusing on various approaches to the 
ceramic surface, with lots of demos involving color and texture.  Check out 

http://www.raleighnc.gov/content/PRecRecreation/Documents/PullenArtsPotteryClasses.pdf

for more details.

Hope to see you at one of these southeastern events!  



2 comments:

  1. How cool you are teaching at Arrowmont. You make the rounds! Say hi to Bill for me. Your blue dot plate is my favorite, use it all the time and one of my favorite teabowls I use everyday is yours. Your work is just amazing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete